I searched for basil chicken recipes to use up all my fresh basil. I found several excellent parmesan chicken pasta recipes but few low-carb options. I decided to take the best from many recipes to perfect this one-pan creamy basil chicken with Parmesan dinner.
If you want a decadent dinner, then consider this easy to make one pan recipe. Chop up all your ingredients first, and then preparation will be a breeze. I love this recipe because I can transform it to a creamy basil parmesan chicken pasta using low carb pasta or just lay it overtop some cauliflower rice.
Basil Chicken Thighs or Breast
This recipe is a very versatile creamy basil sauce, and you can use it to make both chicken thighs or breasts. The key is to saute the chicken first until it is just before fully cooked.
For chicken breast, make sure to slice them in half or use a butterfly cut. You can also pound the breasts to a thinner thickness for easy cooking.
What You Will Need to Make this Creamy Basil Chicken
A deep non-stick pan with a cover is all you need for this dish. You can make everything in one pan. Start with sauteing the chicken and remove the chicken and then build the cream sauce in the pan.
Keto Creamy Basil Parmesan Chicken Pasta
I’m a massive fan of NuPasta and the ease of low carb pasta dishes. For Keto lovers, you can turn this cheesy dish into a delicious Italian pasta favourite. Add some cooked-low carb pasta into the mixture when you add your chicken.
For NuPasta: rinse the new pasta out of the package and then place it into the creamy sauce with the cooked chicken.
For Hard Low Carb Pastas: Cook the low carb pasta in boiling water, and when ready, add to the sauce.
This Creamy Basil Chicken Recipe is an easy one-pan meal that works with chicken breasts or thighs. Filled with flavour, pair the recipe with pasta or rice to make a delicious dinner.
Creamy Basil Chicken Recipe is an easy one-pan meal that works with chicken
breasts or thighs. Filled with flavour, pair the recipe with pasta or rice to
make a delicious dinner.
- 4 chicken breasts (butterflied or pounded thin) or 1 Package Chicken Thighs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy or light cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves (save a few for garnish)
- Cut breasts in half lengthwise, pound to even thickness or use butterflied cut. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Sear chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side, until just cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet add 1 tablespoon of butter. Saute onion, garlic, peppers, paprika, red chilli pepper flakes, salt and pepper for five minutes, until onions and peppers are softened.
- Add wine or chicken stock to deglaze the skillet and bring to a gentle simmer on medium-low heat until reduced by half.
- Add cream and Parmesan to the skillet and stir until a creamy sauce forms.
- Stir in basil, and chicken back to the mix simmer until basil begins to wilt and chicken is reheated.
- Serve over low-carb pasta or cauliflower rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 30g
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only and is not meant to substitute professional dietary advice or treatment. Please see our Nutrition Disclaimer for details.