I’m always on the hunt for low-sugar recipes to help me indulge in my sweet tooth. So when I chose to live a low-carb lifestyle, I thought I would have to give up baking altogether. Luckily I quickly learned that with a bit of motivation, online learning and trial and error, I could enjoy sugar-free cakes like this Keto blueberry lemon cake with no sugar cream cheese frosting.
I did not find a lot of keto blueberry recipes and wanted to create a cake that had fresh fruit inside. So merging a delicious keto pound cake with blueberries seemed like a good way to go about it. The addition of lemon added the perfect pairing to create a moist Keto blueberry lemon cake.
What You Need to Make Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake
What I love about this recipe is its simplicity. A large sheet pan and some parchment paper are all the cookware you’ll need. You can mix the ingredients in your KitchenAid mixer to make it easier. You will need an electric mixer for part of this recipe, either a handheld or a stand mixer. The electric mixer is essential when whipping the egg whites.
You can use your favourite sugar-free substitute (in liquid or granular form) to sweeten the cake and the frosting. For the cake mixture granulated sweetness like Swerve or Splenda will work find, however for the frosting you might find the texture better from a liquid sweetener or Swerve icing sugar sweetener.
What You Need to Make Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting
I love using this sugar-free icing on my Keto recipes. I started using it when I made Carbquik Cinnamon rolls, and it is a tremendous sugar-free and keto-friendly icing for many of your Keto desserts. Use a piping bag and some cake decorating tools to give this cake a special look.
It’s just three simple ingredients, cream cheese, butter and your favourite sweetener. Whip them up, and you have a great frosting.
You’ll love the combination of blueberry and lemon. Paired with the creamy frosting, you’ll forget this is a Keto blueberry lemon cake made without sugar. However, if you have some piping skills and a cake decorating kit, you can elevate the look of the cake. This blueberry lemon cake will make a great addition to your next dinner party or special occasion.
Recipe: Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake with No Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
A moist and delicious keto-friendly blueberry and lemon sheet cake. Easy to make and can be served with or without sugar-free cream cheese frosting.
- Keto Blueberry Pound Cake
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup (115gr) butter, melted
- ⅔ cup erythritol (or 1 cup granulated monk fruit)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- No Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tbsp liquid stevia (Add more sweetness to taste). In addition, you can sweeten with powdered sweetener.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line a large 8" x 13" baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place three eggs and two yolks in a large bowl. Keep the remaining egg whites in a bowl for use later in the recipe.
- Beat the eggs. Add granulated sweetener and vanilla extract; stir to combine.
- Add melted butter, baking powder, apple cider vinegar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Add almond flour and coconut flour to the mixture until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the remaining egg whites until they form firm peaks. Test the firmness of the bowl by carefully turning it over; if the egg whites don't move, they are ready. Next, gently fold the whipped egg whites into the cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined tray and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the center of the cake is set. Check the cake with a toothpick; the cake is ready if it comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely before applying the frosting.
- It is best to have all the ingredients at room temperature for the sugar-free frosting to enable a soft and creamy texture. Use an electric mixer to whip butter and cream cheese. Once the frosting is creamy, add liquid sweetener to taste.
- On the cooled cake, apply the frosting. You can be spread with a knife or a piping bag to create different textures with the frosting. You can also cut the cake into squares and frost them individually.
- Set the frosting by refrigerating the cake for one hour before serving.
Optional add-ons: lemon peel, lemon slices, edible flowers, extra blueberries.
Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for up to five days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 213mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 8g
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only and is not meant to substitute professional dietary advice or treatment. Please see our Nutrition Disclaimer for details.