Are you looking for a cookie recipe with almond butter? This recipe is both Keto and Paleo-friendly. It is also effortless to make with only a few ingredients. If you are looking for a sweet treat on your keto diet, this keto almond butter cookie with chocolate is for you.
Following low carb, keto and paleo diets can be hard as you feel you are missing out on things. Baking is something I first started to miss when I went low carb. It took me a little while to get outside my comfort zone and bake with keto-friendly ingredients.
Eventually, my quest to bake and enjoy a little sweet treat once in a while led me to research more healthy recipes and a variety of ingredients. So for those looking for cookie recipes made with almond butter, add a little chocolate, and you have these almond butter keto cookies.
Is Almond Butter Keto Friendly?
Almond butter has plenty of Iron, Calcium, Zinc, B Vitamins and Vitamin E. They also only contain 5 g of carbs per serving, making them Keto friendly.
Almond butter Nutrition Facts (1 tbsp)
Fat 9g | Saturated Fat 0.7g | Monunsaturated fat 2.2g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 1.1 mg | Total Carbohydrates 3g | Dietary Fiber 1.6 g | Sugar 0.7 g | Protein 3.4 g
Almond Butter Keto Cookies Ingredients
This straightforward almond butter cookie recipe has only a few ingredients. You will need a granulated sugar substitute and sugar-free chocolate.
The following Erythritol and Stevia sugar substitute brands have brown granular varieties, which are great for baking and cooking.
Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
For healthy almond butter cookies, the key is keeping things low sugar. Adding that chocolate taste without the sugar will require your favourite, no sugar chocolate. There are several popular brands offering chocolate chips; here are a few options I love.
- Lilys Chocolate – All Natural Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips
- ChocZero’s Milk Chocolate Chips
- Hershey’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
Are you looking for a cookie recipe with almond butter? If you are looking for a sweet treat on your keto diet, this keto almond butter cookie with chocolate is for you.
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar Substitute
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- Splash of Heavy Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Microwave the chocolate chips and cream in a safe microwave bowl in 30-second intervals until completely melted and combined. Spread in a thin layer on one of the parchment paper-lined baking sheets and set in the fridge or freezer to harden. You can also use a flat circular chocolate mould for this.
- Mix the almond butter, brown sugar and egg in a bowl.
With a small cookie dough scoop or by hand with a tablespoon-sized amount, roll dough into small balls and place on the second parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Make sure to leave 1.5-2 inches space between each cookie as they do expand slightly during baking.
Press down in both directions on each dough ball with a fork.
- Cook for 10-13 minutes, keeping a close eye on them to prevent burning.
- Before your cookies, complete baking, remove the chocolate from the refrigerator. Break the chocolate into small pieces for the tops of your cookies.
- The moment you remove the cookies from the oven, gently place a piece of chocolate in the center. Sprinkle the top of the cookie with a pinch of salt.
Suitable for Keto diets.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only and is not meant to substitute professional dietary advice or treatment. Please see our Nutrition Disclaimer for details.