For me carrying around a bulky travel mug all day that leaks into my backpack or camera bag are super annoying. I have been on the lookout for the right solution, and I think I’ve found the perfect collapsible travel mug.
stojo Changing How You Use a Travel Mug
For a travel writer on the go, grabbing that last cup of joe from my hotel room or breakfast means using a tiny disposable cup or carrying around a big travel mug. On my recent trip to Cuba, I tested out this stojo spill-proof collapsible travel cup.
A collapsible thermal mug that takes up no room at all and fits into most pockets is the ideal solution. This mug flattens out and can fit into most small purses, backpacks or laptop bags. Just close the silicone lid shut and there are no drips.
The stojo Travel Cup Details
- 12 oz cup
- dishwasher and microwave safe
- food grade silicone cup
- plastic lid and sleeve
- made from recyclable material
I have to say when I filled my first cup of coffee I was a bit concerned. The silicone bottom is squishy and takes getting used to, especially when closing the lid after you have filled the cup. Making sure the lid is sealed shut without squishing the cup too hard was a bit tricky at first.
Once you get used to this, then it is smooth sailing. The sleeve doesn’t stay on the cup on its own. However, it is perfect for when you are holding the cup on the go. Otherwise, you don’t need the sleeve, other than to seal the collapsed version of the cup.
Now I use my stojo travel cup all the time. In fact, I replaced my bulky Starbucks reusable cup with this one as I can always keep it in my purse. I just wish they made a bigger version because sometimes 12 oz coffees are just not enough!
The stojo Travel Cup Pros
- Variety of colours to choose from
- Very compact
- Good seal making it leak-proof both when expanded and collapsed
The stojo Travel Cup Cons
- Sleeve slips off if not held
- Silicone is soft if the cup is squeezed liquid will spill out
- Squishy feeling takes getting used to
- The lid can be hard to close when the cup is filled (due to squishy bottom)
For more information on stojo travel, cups visit their website here. For more travel gear ideas see:
- Reasons to Travel with a Good Pair of Flip Flops #ReefEscape
- Beauty is in the Eye of Bolle 6th Sense S Sunglasses
- Dream Travel Gear from Vera Bradley.
More travel gear you might like!
- Review: Lowepro Slingshot 102 Camera Bag
- Discovering Austin House Travel Accessories and Essentials
- Discovering Ultimate Dream Travel Gear from Vera Bradley
I was not financially compensated for this post. Some links on this page will generate a small commission from sales. This helps me to keep providing quality content and tips for you.