Living a low carb lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to give up on delicious treats. It also doesn’t have to be hard to whip up something delicious. In this post, I share my experience with the Hold the Carbs Low Carb Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Muffins.
If you’re planning a trip which involves a pool, lake or beach of any kind and you don’t want to buy a special waterproof camera or action camera, then a waterproof pouch for your phone could just be the solution you are looking for. Most of us have replaced our cameras and choose to travel with our phones and while there are some water-resistant models out there, protecting your phone with a waterproof pouch could save you a costly repair or replacement.
Healthy snacks and desserts are possible. I’m not too fond of complicated recipes where I have to make a special low carb flour or purchase expensive ingredients. The Hold the Carbs Mix, made it so easy to mix the ingredients up, pour them into muffin cups and bake.
The result is delicious sugar-free, low carb Chocolate Chip Muffin I can enjoy with my coffee, as a morning on the go snack or for something sweet-tasting after dinner.
What You Need to Make Low Carb Chocolate Chip Muffins
Hold the Carbs Muffin Mix
Hold the Carbs Muffin Mix developed by a Canadian company has no sugar added. It has approximately 2g carbs per muffin. This mix is gluten-free, and you can prepare it with vegan ingredients.
Ingredients in the muffin mix: Almonds, Baking Powder, Erythritol, Salt and Stevia.
This product is available for shipping to the US and Canada from the Hold The Carbs website.
In Canada, you will also find these packages at Amazon.ca, low carb grocery stores and some health stores.
Sensato – Sugar-Free Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
You can use any sugar-free chocolate chips, but I like the taste and size of these mini chips. Ingredient in the chocolate chips: Maltitol, Chocolate Liquor (processed with alkali), Cocoa Butter, Sorbitan Tristearate and Soy Lecithin (emulsifiers), Vanilla. Note these chocolate chips are not Vegan.
You can use any milk product you want or vegan ingredients if you’d like to make Vegan Chocolate Chip muffins. I used Neilson Trutaste 5% light cream, and they turned out fine. The cream is low in fat and sugar, so it kept my net carb count down.
Tools You Will Need
The only tools you will need for this is a mixing bowl, spoon or whisk, muffin pan and a cooling rack.
Making these low carb chocolate chip muffins was super easy. One important note you should add the chocolate chips after baking has started 2 – 5 minutes in so they do not sink to the bottom of the muffins.
Delicious and soft sugar-free chocolate chip muffins using the Hold the Carb Muffin mix.
- 1 Package Hold the Carbs Muffin Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp Sensato Sugar-Free Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C)
- Mix eggs and milk.
- Add 1 package of Hold the Carbs Muffin Mix and mix well.
- Add a few chocolate chips - note these will float to the bottom so save more of the chips to add later.
- Grease 6 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or use muffin liners.
- Pour batter evenly into 6 muffin cups.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes.
- Note after 2-5 minutes of baking add the remainder of the chocolate chips to the tops of the muffins.
- Let cool in pan, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- It is best to add the sugar-free chocolate chips to the muffins after 2-5 minutes of baking so they stay at the top.
- Suitable for all phases of the Dr. Poon Metabolic Diet plan.
Serving Size:1 Muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 5g
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only and is not meant to substitute professional dietary advice or treatment. Please see our Nutrition Disclaimer for details.