When I think of lip pencils, I think of dry, chapped lips. Let’s face it we’ve all covered our lips with pencils to lengthen the time our lipsticks will last only to end up with dry lips. When I learned about Bite Beauty and their promise of hydrating products I was eager to take part in the test.
About Bite Beauty
Bite Beauty is a company that promises make up products with highly pigmented, and trend-forward colour palettes. These hydrating formulas are made with edible ingredients and handmade here in Toronto, Ontario. In fact, you can visit the Lip Lab in downtown Toronto and customize your lip products.
Bite Beauty products DO NOT contain: Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates or Petrochemicals.
The Lip Pencil Challenge
I received two full-size Bite Beauty lip pencils and two sample lipsticks for testing purposes.
The colours I received were:
- 020 Beige Nude
- 044 Rich Mahogany
How to Use The Lip Pencil
- Line the contour of the lips and fill in with a matching shade of the lip pencil
- Finish the look by applying a layer of Amuse Bouche Lipstick
Bite Beauty The Lip Pencil Results
- The Lip Pencil provides perfect, all over, lip coverage, but it is creamy and moist vs. dry and scratchy.
- The pencil is made with whipped shea butter and three times the amount of pigments than an ordinary lip pencil.
- Goes on smoothly and stays moist.
I have to say I liked this product. I had stopped using lip liners because they dried out my lips, but I’m in love with the Beige Nude pencil and have been wearing it almost every day since receiving it. It offers a great base for lipstick, and the neutral colour is perfect for my light skin tone. I will be browsing Sephora soon for more lip pencils.
Bite Beauty Amuse Lipstick
I receive two tiny little lipstick samples in my Vox Box, and I can’t gush enough about the lipstick as well. Again like the lip liner, the lipsticks are very moist, and when used with the liner the colour lasted for a while. Even in harsh winter conditions, these lipsticks did not dry out my lips.
See more of our favourite make up products!
- Cool Off this Summer with Vichy Mineralizing Thermal Water
- Organic Beauty Secrets from Province Apothecary
- Vichy Teint Ideal Foundation
I was not financially compensated for this post and received two lip pencils from Influenster and Bite Beauty for review purposes only. As always the opinions expressed in this review are my own.